Younis, Alam and Latif leave for Australia

Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Younis Khan along with all rounder Fawwad Alam and batsman Khalid Latif left for Australia to take part in ODI series against Australia. The trio vowed to perform well to get victory for Pakistan.

Younis, 32, had opted out of the Test series against New Zealand to have rest from international cricket following his poor form after Pakistan lost the limited-overs series against New Zealand 2-1 in November in United Arab Emirate. He tried to regain his batting form by featuring in domestic circuit but botched to find his form back with the bat in the first-class matches however still hopeful for big contribution for the team.

"I am fully focused and will do my best to score big and hope that I help my team win because we need wins," said Younis. "I took the break to rest myself but always said that whenever my team needs me I will be there to play."

Comments