ICL Doors Still Open For Me , Pakistan Cricketer Faisal Iqbal

Karachi , 25 September :Faisal Iqbal, Pakistan middle order batsman, has claimed that the doors of India Cricket League (ICL) are still opened for him and if “overlooked for the selection of Pakistan nation team” over and over than “I have to take the decision for my future”.

“My performance in the Test and ODI in front of every one, I played best of my cricket and performed well,” Iqbal told Cricdb. “But I am disappointed as I am not given a proper chance and being ignored for the selection.”

The 26-year-old believes, he never given a proper and consistent chance, though in past he had been replaced by some big names like Inzamam ul Haq and Mohammad Yousaf, since they[Inzamam, Yousaf] were injured. Considering himself "a player who can if capable of filling the gap of such player[mentioned before] than why he isn’t the consistent part of the team," he questioned.

Faisal played his last Test against India in Bangalore last year and had played a vital role to safe Test by scoring highest runs of Pakistan second innings of 51 runs and earlier shared a critical partnership of 61 runs in first innings with Misbah ul Haq – who further scored an unbeaten 133.

However, Faisal Iqbal still determine to attain his place in he national squad, “I have been refusing ICL offers from last one and half year, but now I am getting hopeless for not selecting for the Pakistan, I have to decide otherwise i may feel disappointment for losing the such a lucrative deal.”

Faisal, at the same time targeting the domestic Twenty20 starting from next month and believes he will perform magnificently so that selectors are bound to select me, otherwise I have no other option but to join India Cricket Leage which would be the “cheerless decision” for me but I have to otherwise how could I manage my “bread and butter”, which is also important.

Iqbal wants to "be the content part of Pakistan team in all forms of the game", he been ignored for one-day international however, being included in Pakistan's Test squad in recent times.

The nephew of former Pakistan captain Javed Miandad, played his last one-day international against West Indies in 2006 as he last appeared in a Test against India in December 2007, it appeared after Australia pulled out their tour earlier this year and Pakistan will not play any Test in the current year, which mean Iqbal has no opportunity to represent Pakistani, excepting he would be consider for the upcoming four-nation Twenty20 in Canada including Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Canada starting from October 10.

http://www.cricdb.com/archive/international/news/detail.php?nid=982

Comments