Rana Naved renews Big Bash T20 contract with Tasmania



Karachi, March 15 (IANS) Banned Pakistani all-rounder Rana Naveed-ul-Hassan will play for Australia’s Big Bash T20 team Tasmania this season.
Rana, who was banned for one year by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) earlier this month over indiscipline, said that he is also in talks for a English county contract with Sussex.

Last year Rana played for Tasmania in the Big Bash - Australia’s domestic Twenty20 competition - and produced a few match-winning knocks for which he was rewarded with the best Twenty20 player of the season by Tasmania.

“I have renewed my contract with Tasmania as PCB has not barred us to play in domestic competitions,” Rana said Monday.

“I am also hopeful of getting a contract from Sussex as talks are underway with their officials,” he added.

Rana was banned along with former captain Shoaib Malik and was also slapped with a fine of Rs.2 million. Five other players were also banned or slapped with a fine by the PCB over indiscipline.

“I have still not received any notice from PCB regarding my ban. I will decide to appeal against the ban after getting details by the PCB,” he said.

Comments