Afridi eyed on Mohammad Sami and Shahzaib Hasan

By Ubaid-ur-Rehman Awan

Karachi: Pakistan Twenty20 captain Shahid Afridi deems his team competent to defend the ICC World Twenty20 title and there are four to five players who can play a vital role but if selectors had asked my opinion for the combination 'I would have suggested fast bowler Mohamamd Sami and opening batsman Shahzaib Hasan'.


"I can't cite any particular team as good and dangerous side because every team itself a good side," said Afridi. "But when you ask about my team, heavy responsibility mounting over the senior players including me, Misbah ul Haq, Abdul Razzaq and Mohammad Asif and we are the main players, who should play critical role because our most players are new and are playing their first world cup." Afridi told APNA NEWS TV

Afridi played down Imran Nazir's inclusion in the squad and said he failed to impress during the domestic Twenty20 Cup in Karachi. “I had closely observed his last match[against Faisalabad Wolves in the Final of RBS T20 Cup] but he again botched to find runs," Afridi said for Nazir - who only scored 54 with an average of 13.50 in the recently concluded National Twenty2 Cup.

"I wished Mohammad Sami and Shahzaib Hasan, who performed outstanding[in the RBS T20] should have been in the squad however the selectors automatically picked up my third likely player (Mohammad) Hafeez," Afridi added.

http://www.cricdb.com/archive/international/news/detail.php?nid=3002

Comments