Former Pak. Fast Bowler Waqar to be bowling coach of ECB Academy

Karachi : Former Pakistani Test Fast Bowler Waqar Younis, the former Pakistan former captain, has accepted an offer from the ECB to tour India with the Academy team as a bowling consultant. "They asked me if I could accompany their Academy team on the tour and work with the young bowlers in the squad," Waqar said. "They felt that with my experience of subcontinent pitches and having played in India I would be able to play a part in developing their bowlers."

Waqar said he harboured ambitions of working as a coach with the Pakistan team if the right offer was made to him. "I have a lot of respect for the new chairman, Ejaz Butt. He is a good man and I will speak to him," he said. "If he has something in mind I will definitely consider a coaching position with the team."

This will not be Waqar's first stint as coach since his retirement in April 2004. He had declined an offer to be Pakistan's bowling coach in 2005, he finally took over the job in March 2006. Waqar stepped down in January 2007 after falling out with former PCB chairman Nasim Ashraf.

Comments